Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities receive their PEPPER via PEPPER Resources Portal at https://securefile.tmf.org. View a map of IRF PEPPER retrievals by state.
To receive updates on training and other resources, please join our email list.
Current PEPPER User’s Guide:
PEPPER Training Sessions
- April 2022 IRF PEPPER Review: This webinar reviews the PEPPER for Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities, version Q4FY21, released in early April, 2022. This webinar includes the history/background of PEPPER, a high-level review of the target areas, a walk-through of a sample PEPPER, and guidance for accessing the PEPPER. Download the PowerPoint slides (PDF) or transcript (PDF) for this PEPPER review.
- Access a complete series of PEPPER training sessions, available as “chapters” for ease of access. A review of a sample IRF PEPPER is also available.
- New PEPPER Format: This session reviews changes to the PEPPER for greater accessibility, cleaner presentation and improved readability. Download the PowerPoint slides (PDF) or the transcript (PDF) for this PEPPER recording.
- National Target Area Analysis
- National Top 20 Rehabilitation Impairment Categories (RICs)
- National Top 20 Case Mix Groups
- National Average Length of Stay by CMG Tier, Discharge Destination
- IRF Target Percent Boundaries for Free-standing IRFs and IRF Distinct Part Units of Short-term Acute Care Hospitals
- State-level Target Area Analysis
- State-level Top 20 Rehabilitation Impairment Categories (RICs)
- State-level Top 20 Case Mix Groups (CMGs)
- State-level Average Length of Stay by CMG Tier, Discharge Destination
- Peer Group Bar Charts
- Demonstration PEPPER version Q4FY21 (XLSX)
- View a list of the 12 MAC jurisdictions and the number of providers in each jurisdiction in total and by state for PEPPER Q4FY21 (XLSX).